It’s Christmas today, and while I’m Jewish, I also have lots of friends and some family who celebrate Christmas, so what better way to help celebrate than with a Festive Christmas Book Tag!? I found this tag on Jenniely‘s blog, but it was originally posted by GirlReading on YouTube. I love the Holiday’s and December in general, not only because it’s my birthday month, but because it just feels like such a joyful, thankful time.
So thank you to everyone who has helped support my blog. Whether you follow, like my posts, share them, or just enjoy them, thank you for helping me grow into my blog this year and help me find the joy in blogging. Once I can get to 300 followers, I’m definitely doing a giveaway to say ‘THANK YOU!!!”
1. A fictional family you would like to spend Christmas dinner with?
Does found family count? If so, then I would definitely say the cast of The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi! I love Enrique and Zofia, and I feel like the table would be filled with laughter and sass all night. And if Séverin got drunk? WOW that would be a very interesting time!
2. A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift?
I love lots of bookish swag, especially drinkware. Mugs, tumblers, even wine glasses would make my year! I also love blankets (though my fiancée says we have way too many) so that would be a fun gift too!
3. A fictional character you think would make a perfect Christmas elf?
A Christmas elf? That one’s hard. I think Enrique from The Gilded Wolves could make a good elf! He would definitely be merry and have a fun time with it.
4. Match a book to it’s perfect Christmas song.
When I think of Curse, I can instantly hear “But since we’ve no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.” Same thing for A Heart So Fierce and Broken, especially since I think there is a snow scene between Grey and Lia Mara.
5. Bah Humbug. A book or fictional character you’ve been disappointed in and should be put on the naughty list?
How To Break an Evil Curse by Laura Morrison. I DNFed at 10% – just could not get through it.
6. A book or a fictional character you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserve to be put on the nice list?
Splinters of Scarlett by Emily Bain Murphy is such a good book about family and I think it deserves to go on the nice list.
7. Red, Gold and Green. A book cover that has a wonderfully christmasy feel to it.
The Silvered Serpents has such a Christmasy feel to it. The snow and ice, mixed with the red lettering makes it feel like it stepped out of a winter wonderland.
8. A book or series you love so much, you want everyone to find under their Christmas tree this year so they can read it and love it too?
Soulswift by Megan Bannen has been a book I’ve been gifting everyone this year. It’s just so good and I need everyone to read it so I can gush over it and just freak out.
If you decide to do this tag, please be sure to tag me so I can see your responses. I’m tagging Alexa @ Writing the Universe cause I’m curious what book and song she would match up together. Have a Happy Holidays and if you celebrate Christmas, Merry Christmas!